Leopards – The Best Climbers
Leopards of all the big cats, leopards are the best climbers. In fact, they spend most of their lives high in the trees. They can climb while upside down on branches and even climb down trees headfirst. Your cat probably doesn’t like water, but leopards do. They are strong swimmers.
Fun Facts about Leopards for Kids
- Leopards are nocturnal. They hunt mostly at night and lounge around during the day.
- They carry their prey up into the trees to keep it safe. They can even carry heavy animals.
- Leopards can run 36 miles per hour and jump 10 feet high. Imagine how they’d perform on field day!
- Leopards are carnivorous. They eat deer, fish, birds, lizards, wild pigs, monkeys and even porcupines.
- Leopards don’t need to drink water. They get moisture from their food.
- Endangered: This animal needs our help to survive or it might become extinct.
- Nocturnal: Stays awake at night and sleeps during the day
- Carnivorous: Eats meat
- Perform: Behave or act
Learn More All About Leopards
Get to know more all about leopards in this video:
A National Geographic documentary about the wild lives of leopards.
Question: How big are leopards?
Answer: Males weigh 80 to 200 pounds; females weigh 60 to 130 pounds.
Question: Do leopards live in prides?
Answer: Leopards live alone, except when a mother is raising cubs.
Question: Do leopards have good hearing?
Answer: Leopards can hear five times better than humans. They can hear tiny mouse squeaks.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Leopard Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Mar 2018. Web. 18 Mar 2018. < http://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-leopards/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2018). Fun Leopard Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from http://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-leopards/
Sponsored Links :