The Old Town Lijiang
Do you love the movie Mulan? Then you’d probably enjoy visiting the old town of Lijiang, in China. This town looks a lot like it did 800 years ago when people first began settling it and building the homes and buildings that are there now.
Fun Facts about the Old Town Lijiang for Kids
- The homes are made in a traditional Chinese style with elaborate wooden arches and details and stoned and stuccoed walls.
- The town lies near a deep river from which run several creeks and springs.
- The streets are made of stones.
- The town has an ancient and complicated water system that runs through the town, delivering fresh water and cleaning away debris. Bamboo sheets line the water canals.
- Lijiang lies in an area prone to earthquakes. The village has experienced several severe earthquakes over the last 800 years.
- People have lived in this area for thousands of years.
Old Town Lijiang Vocabulary
- Traditional: classic, old, long history
- Stucco: type of plaster
- Ancient: very old
- Complicated: detailed
- Prone: likely to experience
All About the Old Town Lijiang Video for Kids
Check out this cool video about Old Town Lijiang for kids:
This video is all about the old town of Lijiang and its heritage.
Old Town Lijiang Q&A
Question: What type of food do people eat in Lijiang?
Answer: Many restaurants serve traditional Naxi food, like spicy Dongba chicken. Try fried dragonflies or eat at restaurants that serve pizza and pasta.
Enjoyed the Free Geography Kids online resources all about the Old Town Lijiang info? Take the FREE & fun all about the Old Town Lijiang quiz and download the FREE Old Town Lijiang worksheet for kids. For lengthy info click here.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Old Town Lijiang Kids Facts ." Easy Science for Kids, Oct 2017. Web. 23 Oct 2017. < http://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-the-old-town-lijiang/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2017). Old Town Lijiang Kids Facts. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from http://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-the-old-town-lijiang/
Sponsored Links :