All About the Sun Video for Kids
All about Sun
The Sun is one of the other 6000 stars that are visible to naked eye from the Earth. There are total more than 200 billion stars in our galaxy, the Milky Way. This one star comprises of about 99.86% mass of the solar system as it is the largest object. It formed about 4.6 billion years ago. This star has a diameter of 1,390,000 km which is around 109 times of our planet earth. Earth receives approximately 94 billion megawatt of energy from Sun. Temperature of Sun at its core is 14 million Kelvin as it is composed of hot and dense gases. It consist of 75% Hydrogen and 25% Helium. The distance between Sun and Earth is 150 million km.
Quick Facts: –
- Energy of Sun travels outwards.
- There are three different areas in the Sun: – the photosphere, chromosphere and solar corona.
- Skylab was the first manned spacecraft to study the Sun, launched in February 1974.
- The Sun is an almost perfect sphere.
- The light from the Sun takes 8 minutes to reach earth.
- The star has a very strong magnetic field. When Sun releases magnetic energy during magnetic storms, Solar flares occur. They are sudden bursts of brightness.
- The Sun travels at 220 kilometres per second.
- A stream of charged particles is generated that travels through the solar system at a speed of 450 kilometres per second. These streams are known as solar winds.
- Our planet earth orbits the Sun 365 days that is one year.
- The outer atmosphere of Sun is hotter than its surface.
- Different parts of the Sun rotate at different speed.
- The energy created by the Sun’s core is nuclear fission.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Sun Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Feb 2018. Web. 23 Feb 2018. < http://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-the-sun-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2018). Fun Sun Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from http://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-the-sun-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :