Asia Facts for Kids Video
This video explains a lot of interesting facts about the largest continent Asia:
Asia is the earth’s largest and most populous continent. The name ‘Asia’ originated from ‘Assuva’ which is referred to the east bank of the Aegean Sea. Asia is a continent full of incredible wonders. Around 60% of the world’s population lives in this continent. It has a land area of about 45,036,490 square kilometres which is one-third of the world’s land.
Fun Facts: –
- It is traditionally defined as a part of landmass Eurasia. Now, Asia occupies the eastern part of Eurasia and Europe occupies the western part.
- More than 4 billion people live in Asia. With 87 people per square kilometres, it has the highest population density in the world.
- 7 out of the 10 most densely populated cities of the world are in Asia. And they are: – Beijing, Shanghai, Karachi, Istanbul, Mumbai, Delhi and Guangzhou.
- All 10 of largest malls of the world are in Asia.
- Two countries of this continent, India and China are the only two to cross the population of one billion.
- Caspian Sea is the largest lake of Asia.
- The Maldives is the smallest country of this continent which is made up of 26 atoll islands found in the Indian Ocean.
- 5 most practiced religions in the world are: – Islam, Hinduism, Christianity, Buddhism and Chinese Folk Religion and all of them have their origins in Asia.
- Both the highest and lowest points of the world are in Asia.
- Highest is Mount Everest which is 8848 meters above sea level and the lowest is Dead Sea which is 422 meters below sea level.
- Major languages of this continent are: – Chinese, Hindi, Bengali, Japanese, Punjabi, Korean and Javanese.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Asia ." Easy Science for Kids, Aug 2017. Web. 19 Aug 2017. < http://easyscienceforkids.com/asia-facts-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2017). Fun Facts for Kids about Asia. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from http://easyscienceforkids.com/asia-facts-for-kids-video/
Sponsored Links :