Best Hydrogen Gas Experiment Video for Kids
Hydrogen Gas Experiment
This simple science video is a demonstration of a science experiment of releasing hydrogen gas by using a battery. Then the gas is captured in a cap as well.
Materials Required: –
- A battery
- Iodised Salt
- A plastic cap
- Fill a glass with pure water and put the battery inside the glass. Observe carefully.
- Nothing will happen even if you will leave the battery there for some more time.
- Now remove the battery and add some iodise salt (sodium chloride). Stir it well with the spoon.
- After mixing the sodium chloride with water positive sodium and negative chlorine ions will make it possible to carry current.
- Place the battery inside the glass of water.
- You will see that hydrogen gas is being released in the form of bubble.
- Take a plastic cap and put it on the node of battery which is releasing the gas.
- Hydrogen gas will get captured in that plastic cap. Let it sit there for a minute.
- Now, the plastic cap will get filled with hydrogen gas. If you want, you can check it by taking a flame near the cap because hydrogen is inflammable.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Hydrogen Gas Experiment for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Mar 2017. Web. 25 Mar 2017. < http://easyscienceforkids.com/best-hydrogen-gas-experiment-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2017). Fun Hydrogen Gas Experiment for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from http://easyscienceforkids.com/best-hydrogen-gas-experiment-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
Sponsored Links :