Best Louis Pasteur Video for Kids
This video is all about the famous scientist Louis Pasteur.
Louis Pasteur Facts
Louis Pasteur is best known as ‘the father of germ theory’ or ‘the father of microbiology’. He was a French microbiologist born on Dole, France on December 27, 1822. He invented the process named as Pasteurization to treat beverages like milk and beer. Louis Pasteur has also discovered the concept of being ‘left-handed’ or ‘right-handed’. This concept also explains that every living creature has molecules in its body that van twist in either right direction or left.
Quick Facts: –
- In 1879, Louis Pasteur has discovered a vaccine for a disease named as chicken cholera.
- In 1895, right before his death he discovered his second vaccine for rabies. This vaccine was first tried on a 9 years old boy Joseph Meister. The kid had been bitten by a rabid dog.
- He was scared of contracting diseases from other people. This is the reason why he would never shake anyone’s hand, even royalty.
- Pasteur studied the immune system and invented vaccines for many diseases like: – rabies, cholera, yellow fever, plague, tuberculosis, anthrax and diphtheria.
- Pasteurization can be defined as a process of reducing the number of disease causing microorganisms.
- In 1854, he became dean of the faculty of sciences at Lille University.
- In 1887, he founded the Paris Pasteur Institute. His mortal remains also lie in this building and his tomb is embellished with depictions of his all accomplishments.
- When he was 45 years old, a stroke left him partially paralyzed for the rest of his life.
- He was made a Grand Croix of the Legion of Honour, a prestigious French order.
- He died on September 28, 1895 because of worsened paralysis.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts about Louis Pasteur for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Nov 2017. Web. 22 Nov 2017. < http://easyscienceforkids.com/best-louis-pasteur-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2017). Fun Facts about Louis Pasteur for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from http://easyscienceforkids.com/best-louis-pasteur-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
Sponsored Links :