Best Planet Neptune Video for Kids
Neptune was first observed on September 23, 1846. It is named after the Roman god of the sea. This planet is not visible to the naked eye. Neptune is the eighth planet from the Sun. This planet is not a solid body. It spins on its axis very rapidly.
Facts you didn’t know: –
- This planet has a very active climate.
- The atmosphere of Neptune is made up of hydrogen, helium and some methane.
- 17 earths could fit inside the planet if it were hollow.
- Neptune has a thin collection of rings. These rings are not uniform.
- It has a total of 14 moons.
- Triton is the largest and the only spherical moon of the planet Neptune. It is a frozen world.
- Till now, only one spacecraft has flown by Neptune. It was the Voyager 2 on August 25, 1989.
- It is the smallest of all ice giants.
- Blue color of this planet is a result of the absorption of red light by methane which is present on the planet.
- In 1613, Galileo observed Neptune but he thought it was just a star.
- Like Jupiter and Saturn, this planet also has an internal heat source.
- This planet has the fastest winds in the solar system.
- Neptune has the second largest gravity of any planet.
- Similar to Jupiter, Neptune has a second storm called the Small Dark Spot.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Neptune facts for kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Mar 2017. Web. 23 Mar 2017. < http://easyscienceforkids.com/best-planet-neptune-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2017). Fun Neptune facts for kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from http://easyscienceforkids.com/best-planet-neptune-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
Sponsored Links :