Plants and Animals Video for Kids
Plants and Animals
The surface of our planet is covered with plants and animals. Both of them are really very important factors of our ecosystem. They form the core of our environment. There is a lot to know about them like their requirements, specific suitable climate, other environmental conditions etc.
- Plants work as fibres which are used to cover the soil.
- 85% of plants are found in the ocean.
- Almost 90% of all the plants are edible but we use only 30 of them.
- An average size of tree can provide enough wood to make around 170,000 pencils.
- Australian Eucalyptus is the tallest tree ever recorded with a height of 435 feet.
- Brazil is name after a tree.
- Our planet us home to more than 1 million known animal species.
- A type of immortal jellyfish can fake death.
- The average housefly only lives for 2-3 weeks.
- Horses and cows sleep while standing up.
- An Octopus has 3 hearts.
- Goats have specific accents like humans.
- Squirrels cannot vomit or burp.
- Animals that have smaller bodies and faster metabolisms see in slow motion.
- Slow Ioris is the only venomous primate in the world.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun facts for kids about plants and animals ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2017. Web. 19 Jan 2017. < http://easyscienceforkids.com/best-plants-and-animals-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2017). Fun facts for kids about plants and animals. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from http://easyscienceforkids.com/best-plants-and-animals-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :