A waterfall can be defined as a part of a river or stream where water flows in a vertical drop and lands in a pool of water. That pool can be either deep or shallow. These waterfalls are caused by erosion.
Famous Waterfalls: –
- Sutherland Falls: – This waterfall is in Fiordland National Park, New Zealand. It has a height of 580 metres.
- Plitvice Waterfalls: – This is a network of countless waterfalls. It is located in Northern Dalmatia, Croatia.
- Dettifoss: – Dettifoss is located in Vatnajokull National Park, Iceland. It is the most powerful waterfall of Europe.
- Gullfoss: – This breathtaking waterfall is on the Hvita River. It is in Haukadalur, Iceland.
- Yosemite Falls: – This 2525 feet tall waterfall is one of the tallest waterfalls in the entire world. It is located in Yosemite National Park, California.
- Kaieteur Falls: – This single drop waterfall is 741 feet tall and 370 feet wide. It flows over Potaro River, Guyana.
- Angel Falls: – Angel Falls is the tallest permanent water fall with a height of 979 meters. It is in Canaima, Venezuela.
- Niagara Falls: – Niagara Falls is the most famous waterfall in North America. On the basis of volume, it is the biggest waterfall. It is in two places: – Ontario, Canada and New York, USA.
- Victoria Falls: – It is the largest singular waterfall with a height of 108 metres. It is located in Livingstone, Zambia.
- Iguassu Falls: – This single waterfall consists of 275 waterfalls and cascades. Edges of this waterfall extended to a distance of about 2 km.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Waterfall Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jun 2018. Web. 19 Jun 2018. < http://easyscienceforkids.com/best-waterfall-images-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2018). Fun Waterfall Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from http://easyscienceforkids.com/best-waterfall-images-for-kids-video/
Sponsored Links :