Bones in the Human Body Video for Kids
Bones in Human Body
The human skeleton is something that gives shape to a person. It is entirely made up of bones. Humans are born with 300 bones in their body. Over time these bones start fusing with each other and in adulthood, we end up with 206 bones. Every 7 years human bones are slowly replaced over a period of approximately. 14% of our body weight is made of the bones. They also produce red and white blood cells. The point where two bones meet or connect is known as a joint. Femur, the thigh bone is the longest bone in the human body. The stirrup bone located in the middle ear is the smallest bone in our body.
Quick Facts: –
- The medical branch that includes the study of human bones is known as Orthopaedics.
- Our hands and feet contain almost half of the total bones in the body. There are 27 bones in each hand and 26 bones in each foot.
- The Ankle is the most commonly broken bone.
- Osteoporosis the most common disease in humans related to bones.
- The human face is made of total 14 bones.
- Our skull has only one movable part that is the lower jaw bone called mandible.
- A broken takes usually 12 weeks to heal completely.
- Bones and teeth contain almost 99%b of the calcium in the human body.
- X-ray is the best way to look at bones. Doctors use this method to find out at which place a particular bone got fractured.
- The Hyoid bone located in our throat is the only jointless bone in our body.
- Every second, two million Red Blood Cells are produced by our bone marrow.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Bones in Human Body ." Easy Science for Kids, Nov 2017. Web. 20 Nov 2017. < http://easyscienceforkids.com/bones-in-the-human-body-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2017). Fun Facts for Kids about Bones in Human Body. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from http://easyscienceforkids.com/bones-in-the-human-body-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
- November 19th In History
- November 18th In History
- November 17th In History
- November 16th In History
- November 15th In History
- November 14th In History
- Modern Abacus
- Blizzard Beach
- Telephone - Invented By Alexander Graham Bell
- International Space Station
- November 13th In History
- November 12th in History