Carbon Cycle Diagram Video for Kids
The word carbon has been derived from the Latin word ‘Carbo’ that means coal. The carbon cycle can be defined as the continual movement of carbon throughout different systems on earth. Carbon makes up about 18% of the human body. Some carbon atoms are always present in our environment in different forms and these atoms are constantly moving around. This chemical element has the symbol C and atomic number 6.
Phases of Carbon Cycle: –
Carbon cycle mainly consists of two steps: –
- Taking Carbon Out of the Atmosphere
- Moving Carbon in to the Atmosphere
Fast Facts: –
- Carbon was firstly discovered in the form of charcoal and soot.
- Carbon is an essential thing required by every living thing so that it can perform properly and the living things that contain carbon are called organic.
- Atomic weight of carbon is 12.0107.
- When carbon in the air gets attached with oxygen then it is known as carbon dioxide that is used by plants in their food processing.
- 30% of our atmosphere is made up of carbon dioxide gas.
- Carbon is a non-metal element. It is a pattern maker. It can bond with itself and other elements as well.
- Carbon is the fourth most common element in the entire universe and the second most common in the human body.
- By eating plants or plant eater animals, humans can obtain carbon as a part of carbon cycle.
- Carbon compounds have an endless list of uses.
- Diamond and graphite are different forms of carbon.
- Carbon has the melting point 3773K that is highest of all the elements.
- Organic compounds that are entirely made of molecules of only carbon and hydrogen. Methane is the simplest hydrocarbon compound. Its formula is CH4.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts about Carbon Cycle for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, May 2017. Web. 28 May 2017. < http://easyscienceforkids.com/carbon-cycle-diagram-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2017). Fun Facts about Carbon Cycle for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from http://easyscienceforkids.com/carbon-cycle-diagram-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :