Elvis Presley is called the King of Rock n Roll. His complete name was Elvis Aaron Presley. He was born on January 8, 1935, in Mississippi, United States. He had an identical twin brother Jesse Garon who was stillborn. Jesse was buried in an unmarked grave in Priceville Cemetery. Elvis spoke of his brother throughout the life. The first commercial single of his career was ‘That’s All Right (Mama)’. He recorded this song when he was 19 years old. It was officially released on 19 July and then became a regional hit.
Fun Facts: –
- Elvis Presley bought Graceland for $102,500 when he was 22 years old. The Memphis Mansion served as his home base for two long decades.
- In 1964, he also bought Franklin Roosevelt’s Presidential Yacht Potomac for $55,000.
- Elvis also served in the US military. He was also famous at that time.
- He has more than 150 different albums and singles that are certified gold, platinum, and multi-platinum.
- He won total three Grammy awards during his lifetime. All of them were for gospel music.
- His first movie was ‘Love Me Tender’ and got released in 1956.
- He was also a black belt in Karate. His Karate name was ‘Tiger’.
- Elvis never performed outside of the North America.
- He recorded total 15 songs with the word ‘blue’ in the title.
- He dyed his naturally blonde hair black.
- Elvis started dating 14 years old Priscilla when he was 24 years old. They had a daughter named Lisa Marie.
- On August 1977, he died of heart failure at the age of 42. This problem was related to his drug addiction.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Amazing Facts for Kids about Elvis Presley ." Easy Science for Kids, Oct 2017. Web. 22 Oct 2017. < http://easyscienceforkids.com/elvis-presley/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2017). Amazing Facts for Kids about Elvis Presley. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from http://easyscienceforkids.com/elvis-presley/
Sponsored Links :