Enid Blyton was an English best-selling children’s author. Her complete name was Enid Mary Blyton and her pen name was Mary Pollock. Her books have been on the best seller lists since they were published over several decades. She wrote around 800 books. They were translated to around 90 languages and sold more than 600 million copies. Enid was born on August 11th 1897 in East Dulwich, London. She was a very bright during her school days. Enid was a head girl at her school and also responsible for representing the school at public events delivering speeches etc.
Quick Facts: –
- The first ever poem of Enid Blyton was named ‘Have You?’ It was published in Nash’s Magazine in 1918.
- Her first published book was named ‘Child Whispers’. It was a book of poetry and came in 1922.
- Blyton married Major Hugh Alexander Pollock in August 1924. He was the editor at the publishing house George Newnes.
- George Newnes publishing house published some, but not all of her books.
- Enid had a bad relationship with both her parents until their death. She did not even attend their funeral.
- Her most famous books and series include Famous Five series, The Adventure series, The Mystery series, The Secret Seven series, The Magic Faraway Tree, The Noddy books etc.
- Her school memories had helped her to write St. Clare series, Malory tower series and the Naughtiest Girl series.
- She wrote all her books on a typewriter perched on her lap.
- She died on November 28, 1968 at the age of 71 years.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Facts for Kids about Enid Blyton ." Easy Science for Kids, Apr 2018. Web. 19 Apr 2018. < http://easyscienceforkids.com/enid-blyton/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2018). Facts for Kids about Enid Blyton. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from http://easyscienceforkids.com/enid-blyton/
Sponsored Links :