Facts About Plants Video for Kids
Enjoy viewing cool facts about Plants easy for kids video:
Facts about Plants
There are more than 200,000 identified species of plants and more new species are being discovered with time. Approximately 80,000 of them are edible species. 70,000 of them are used for medicinal purpose. More than 90% of the food that we eat comes from only 30 plants. The Coast redwood is the world’s tallest growing tree. It grows along the Pacific coast of United States. Nutrition is a not a factor in deciding which crops we mass produce. More than 80 percent of original forests of the earth have been destroyed.
Fast Facts: –
- Bamboo is the fastest growing plant in the world. In just one day, it can grow about 3.28 feet.
- Tomato juice is the official state beverage of Ohio.
- Cranberries have small pockets of air inside them that help them to float and bounce in water.
- An average strawberry has 200 seeds.
- Asparagus is a member of the lily family.
- The Poison Garden in England is dedicated to plants that kill.
- Marijuana and Hops belong to the same plant family, Cannabaceae.
- An average tree is made up of 99% dead cells. Leaves, root tips, and phloem are the only living parts.
- A pineapple is a berry and Peanuts are beans.
- ‘Fruit’ is a botanical term and ‘Vegetable’ is a culinary term.
- Some plants send chemical signals to parasitic wasps when they are being eaten by a caterpillar. These wasps attack caterpillars.
- A sunflower might look like a large flower but each head has hundreds of tiny flowers called florets.
- Gingko is one of the oldest living tree species that dates back about 150 million years.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts about Plants for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Oct 2017. Web. 22 Oct 2017. < http://easyscienceforkids.com/facts-about-plants-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2017). Fun Facts about Plants for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from http://easyscienceforkids.com/facts-about-plants-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :