Facts About Snakes Video for Kids
This video reveals a lot of interesting facts about snakes.
Snakes are reptiles and can be easily found across the world.
Fast facts: –
- Snakes are carnivores (meat eater) reptiles.
- Snake’s scales are made up of Keratin.
- The biggest snake is reticulated python. It can grow up to 32 feet.
- The thread snake is the smallest snake.
- They do not have eyelids.
- These reptiles cannot bite or chew their food so they have to swallow it whole at once.
- They can eat prey bigger than their head because of their flexible jaws.
- They have internal ears not external ones.
- Vine snakes have binocular vision.
- They can be easily found on any continent except Antarctica.
- Snakes, used in performances, respond to the movement not the sound.
- The Hognose, Grass snake and the Spitting Cobra will fake death when threatened. They flip into their backs, open their mouths and let their tongue flop out.
- There are more than 2800 species of snakes can be found all over the world.
- Generally, they have a very special skin type, smooth but dry.
- They shed their skin a number of times in a year.
- They have good smelling power but they use their tongue for that.
- Pythons kill their prey by wrapping around it and suffocating.
- Some sea snakes can breathe through their skin which allows them to stay underwater for a longer time.
- Anacondas are large but non-venomous snakes, mostly found in South America. They can reach up to 16 feet. They are thickest.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun snake facts for kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Nov 2017. Web. 17 Nov 2017. < http://easyscienceforkids.com/facts-about-snakes-video-for-kids-2/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2017). Fun snake facts for kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from http://easyscienceforkids.com/facts-about-snakes-video-for-kids-2/
We've recently added
- November 19th In History
- November 18th In History
- November 17th In History
- November 16th In History
- November 15th In History
- November 14th In History
- Modern Abacus
- Blizzard Beach
- Telephone - Invented By Alexander Graham Bell
- International Space Station
- November 13th In History
- November 12th in History
Sponsored Links :