Human Body System
Human Body Systems
The body of an adult human is made up of approximately 100 trillion cells, 206 bones, 22 internal organs and 600 muscles. Human body consists of a number of biological systems that carry out specific functions which are necessary for everyday living. There are total 12 human body systems in your body: –
- Circulatory System: – It is the transport system of human body as it is made up of organs that transport blood throughout the body. The main task of Circulatory System is to move blood, nutrients, carbon dioxide and oxygen around the body.
- Endocrine System: – This system is made up of a group of glands that produce different hormones. These hormones can be defined as chemicals that control different functions of your body like metabolism and growth.
- Immune System: – This system defends your body against bacteria, viruses and other harmful pathogens. It includes many types of protein, cells, organs and tissues.
- Digestive System: – This system includes a series of connected organs that allow the body to break down the food in vitamins, protein, carbohydrates, minerals and fats and then absorb it. The liver and Pancreas play the most vital role in digestion as they produce digestive juices.
- Lymphatic System: – The main job of Lymphatic System is to make and move lymph. Lymph can be defined as a clear fluid containing white blood cells which help the body to fend from infections.
- Reproductive System: – This system allows humans to reproduce. Males and females have different reproductive organs.
- Nervous system: – Nervous System includes brain, spinal cord and nerves. It controls both voluntary actions and involuntary actions.
- Muscular System: – It is made up of tissues that work with the skeletal system to control movement of the body. There are three types of muscle tissues in your body: – skeletal, smooth and cardiac.
- Respiratory System: – It helps us with the most vital process of our life which is breathing by allowing us to take in oxygen and expel carbon dioxide. Trachea, diaphragm and lungs are the most important organs of this system.
- Urinary System: – Urinary System allows us to eliminate the waste product from our body in the form of urine.
- Integumentary System: – Integumentary System is also known as the skin. It is the largest organ of human body. The system mainly includes skin, hair and nails.
- Skeletal System: – Skeletal System consists of bones, tendons, cartilage and ligaments. It helps us to move, gives shape to the body and protects our organs.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Human Body System Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jun 2018. Web. 19 Jun 2018. < http://easyscienceforkids.com/human-body-systems-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2018). Human Body System Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from http://easyscienceforkids.com/human-body-systems-for-kids-video/