Interesting Facts About Australia Video for Kids
Australia is the sixth largest country by area in the world. A desert area covers most of the land and is known as ‘outback’. The name Australia has been derived from the Latin word ‘australis’ that means southern. As it is large in size and very much isolated from the rest of the world, it is sometimes known as the island continent. It is the biggest island and smallest continent. Mining is one of the most important industries of Australia. Australian mines cover 0.02% of the country’s landmass.
Fun Facts: –
- Australia is the second country in the world that allowed women to vote.
- Former Prime Minister of Australia, Bob Hawke set a world record in 1954 for downing 2.5 pints of beer in 11 seconds.
- Population of the country is only 22.6 million. The country is very sparsely populated as it has only 2.66 persons per square kilometre.
- Oldest fossil of the entire world, approximately 3.4 billion years old was found in the Australia.
- The Great Barrier Reef is the largest living structure of our planet. It is in Australia.
- Australia has a total of 19 world heritage listed sites including historic townships, cities and landscapes.
- It is the only continent without an active volcano.
- Australia has the 12th largest economy of the entire world had the 5th highest per-capita income.
- The top 10 deadliest snakes can be found in Australia.
- There is a river is Australia called ‘Never Never River’.
- The Red Kangaroo is the national animal of Australia.
- The country has 31% of the total uranium supply of the world.
- Sydney and Melbourne could not agree on which city should be the Capital of Australia so Canberra would be built in the middle as the capital city.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts about Australia for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Aug 2017. Web. 17 Aug 2017. < http://easyscienceforkids.com/interesting-facts-about-australia-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2017). Fun Facts about Australia for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from http://easyscienceforkids.com/interesting-facts-about-australia-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :