Larry Page invented the world’s most popular search engine ‘Google’, along with Sergey Brin. Google has an estimated 300 million users per day (and growing) with over 2 billion searches conducted. His complete name is Lawrence E. Page. He was born on March 26, 1973 in Lansing, Michigan. Both his parents were from the field of computer science. This is the main reason behind his love for computers and technology. Larry started to show an interest in science related topics when he was only 6 years old.
Quick Facts: –
- Larry was the first child in his elementary school to submit an assignment in a word-processed form.
- He attended Okemos Montessori School followed by Easy Lansing High School. Then he graduated with a Bachelor of Science in computer engineering from the University of Michigan.
- Page made an inkjet printer using LEGO bricks when he was a student at University of Michigan.
- He has a health condition that is slowly removing his ability to speak.
- Larry Page and Sergey Brin met at the Stanford University. Both of them were PhD students during Spring Orientation.
- Page and Brin did not get along well during their first meeting and argued the entire time but eventually became friends.
- They started a research project together that later became the foundation for Google.
- Their project was ‘The Anatomy of a Large-Scale Hyper textual Web Search Engine”.
- Andy Bechtolsheim was the first person to invest in Google with amount of $100,000.
- Larry Page married Lucinda Southworth, sister of actor Carrie Southworth in 2007. Their wedding was a lavish affair which took place on a Caribbean island.
- Susan Wojcicki was the first employee of Google.
- Google was originally named ‘Backrub’.
- Currently (2017) Larry Page is working as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Google.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Larry Page ." Easy Science for Kids, May 2017. Web. 28 May 2017. < http://easyscienceforkids.com/larry-page/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2017). Fun Facts for Kids about Larry Page. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from http://easyscienceforkids.com/larry-page/
Sponsored Links :