Michael Jordan is an American former basketball player and also the first athlete in history to become a billionaire. His complete name is Michael Jeffrey Jordan and is famously known as MJ. He was born on February 17th 1963 in Brooklyn, New York. He started playing baseball, basketball and football in his high school. Initially he played for the junior varsity squad and then for Varsity. He dominated the sport from the mid 1980’s to the late 1990’s. He was also named as the greatest North American athlete of the 20th century by ESPN.
Quick Facts: –
- Michael Jordan also enrolled in the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1981. He completed a degree in Geography in 1985.
- In the NBA 1984 draft he was chosen third overall. He joined the Chicago Bulls in the same year.
- As a member of NBA, he was awarded the NBA’s Most Valuable Player a total of five times.
- He also bagged other awards like ‘Defensive Player of the Year’ and ‘Rookie of the Year’.
- Jordan hosts an annual golf event known as the Michael Jordan Celebrity Invitational.
- He won a total of six NBA Championships and made fourteen NBA All-Star appearances.
- In April 2009, he was inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.
- He is the only basketball played aged 40 or more to average over 20 PPG and to score over 40 in a game.
- Jordan was also starred in the 1996 feature film Space Jam. He played himself in the film.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Facts for Kids about Michael Jordan ." Easy Science for Kids, Apr 2018. Web. 19 Apr 2018. < http://easyscienceforkids.com/michael-jordan/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2018). Facts for Kids about Michael Jordan. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from http://easyscienceforkids.com/michael-jordan/
Sponsored Links :