Planet Saturn Video for Kids
This video is all about planet Saturn.
All about Saturn
Saturn is the second largest and fifth brightest planet of the solar system but it has the lowest density. It is the sixth planet from the earth. It is the most distant planet which is clearly visible to naked human eyes. But if telescope is used then some other features, planet’s rings can be easily seen. Galileo Galilei, an Italian astronomer has observed these rings for the first time in 1610. This planet can be called a gas giant which is made up of Hydrogen, Methane and Helium. It is big enough to hold more than 800 earths.
Fast facts: –
- The rings we see with this planet are made of small wedges of ice and rock. These rings are not solid.
- It has a total of 53 moons.
- A year on Saturn is more than 30 years on earth.
- It is also called as ‘the ringed planet’.
- Saturn takes 29.4 earth years to orbit the Sun.
- Till now, four spaceships have visited the Saturn.
- Saturn has a slightly weaker magnetic field than the magnetic field on earth.
- The rings are huge but thin. They are less than a kilometre thick.
- Surface temperature of this planet is -139°C.
- The axis of this planet s tilted and as it orbits the Sun, we get different views of the rings.
- NASA’s Pioneer 11 was the first to visit Saturn in 1979.
- The planet has a core made up of rock and metal. It is equal to the earth in size.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun facts about planet Saturn for kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Feb 2018. Web. 18 Feb 2018. < http://easyscienceforkids.com/planet-saturn-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2018). Fun facts about planet Saturn for kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from http://easyscienceforkids.com/planet-saturn-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :