Simple Machines for Kids Video
A simple machine can be defined as the easiest form of using an object to complete a task easily in lesser time. Or in other words, any simple arrangement that reduces the human effort in a work is known as a simple machine. Most common examples of simple machines are Slide, Pulley, Loading trolley etc.
Types of Simple Machines: –
- Lever: – The lever is a long tool like a pole or a rod that is used to lift an object by putting it under the object that has to be lifted. Three major things of a liver are: – load, fulcrum and effort.
- Wheel and Axle: – A wheel makes it easy for an object to move. And axle is a rod or pole which is placed in the centre of the wheel.
- Inclined Plane: – A simple ramp can be called inclined plane. When one end of a straight platform is higher than the opposite end. By using this arrangement, we can reduce the human effort in a particular task.
- Wedge: – Two inclined planes combine to form a wedge. A wedge is used to separate an object apart. We use it when we need to cut, tear or break something in two.
- Pulley: – A pulley can be defined as a combination of a wheel and a rope, chain or some other type of cord. A pulley makes the upward and downward movement of an object easier. It changes the direction of the force necessary to do the work.
- Screw: – A screw is a different type of twisted inclined plane. It makes the upward movement of an object easier by moving in a circular motion.
Quick Facts: –
- When we combine two or more simple machines, then a complex machine is created.
- There are two different types of pulleys Moving pulleys and Fixed pulleys.
- There are three different types of levers: – Class 1 lever, Class 2 lever and Class 3 lever.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Simple Machines ." Easy Science for Kids, Mar 2018. Web. 21 Mar 2018. < http://easyscienceforkids.com/simple-machines-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2018). Fun Facts for Kids about Simple Machines. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from http://easyscienceforkids.com/simple-machines-for-kids-video/
Sponsored Links :