Sir Isaac Newton Facts Video for Kids
This video tells the life history of great scientist Sir Isaac Newton:
Sir Isaac Newton
Sir Isaac Newton was a British physicist and mathematician. He was born on January 4, 1643 in England. He was one of the most powerful scientists of his time. He introduced various theories about motion, gravity and all other things.
Facts you didn’t know: –
- He was a premature baby.
- His father, also named Isaac Newton was a rich but illiterate farmer who died before his birth.
- Newton’s mother wanted him to be a farmer but due o his disinterest in the job. He left it.
- He hated his stepfather and threatened to burn his house down because he felt rejected by his family when his mother left him with her grandmother to with her second husband.
- After completing his school education, he enrolled in Trinity College, University of Cambridge in 1661.
- He did not excel at school.
- In 1669, he was appointed as professor of mathematics at Cambridge.
- He has worked as the warden of the Royal Mint in 1696, which was responsible for producing England’s currency.
- For almost two years, Newton was a member of parliament, representing Cambridge University.
- He invented an explained system of sundials.
- Newton died on March 31, 1727 in London.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun facts for kids about Sir Isaac Newton ." Easy Science for Kids, Sep 2017. Web. 21 Sep 2017. < http://easyscienceforkids.com/sir-isaac-newton-facts-video-for-kids-3/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2017). Fun facts for kids about Sir Isaac Newton. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from http://easyscienceforkids.com/sir-isaac-newton-facts-video-for-kids-3/
Sponsored Links :