Skull Bones Facts for Kids Video
Human Skull Facts
An image of human skull reminds us that life is short. Human skull is plays an important role by giving a shape to your facial features. It also holds the muscles that are responsible to create facial expressions. There are total 22 bones in a human skull. They are divided into two parts: –
- Bones of the Cranium: – There are total 8 bones in this part.
- Bones of the Face: – This part has total 14 bones.
Facts you didn’t know: –
- Your teeth are not a part of your skull bones.
- Human skull has so many small holes. These small holes are known as foramina.
- These foramina allow the passage of the nerves and blood vessels that innervate the face.
- Foramen magnum is the largest of all the holes in the skull. It is located where the vertebral column joins the base of the skull.
- Skull cap and brain case are not the same. Both of them are different.
- Brain case includes these bones: – Occipital, Frontal, Sphenoid, Ethmoid, Parietals and Temporals. Parietals and Temporals both are one on each side.
- The size and shape of skulls are different on the basis of gender and racial heritage.
- A skull has very small lines between the bones. These lines are called sutures.
- At the top of a baby’s skull, a large suture is there. It is known as fontanelle. It closes up at the age of 2 years.
- The jawbone is the only bone of human skull that moves. It is called mandible.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts about Skull Bones for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Nov 2017. Web. 20 Nov 2017. < http://easyscienceforkids.com/skull-bones-facts-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2017). Fun Facts about Skull Bones for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from http://easyscienceforkids.com/skull-bones-facts-for-kids-video/
We've recently added
- November 19th In History
- November 18th In History
- November 17th In History
- November 16th In History
- November 15th In History
- November 14th In History
- Modern Abacus
- Blizzard Beach
- Telephone - Invented By Alexander Graham Bell
- International Space Station
- November 13th In History
- November 12th in History
Sponsored Links :