Spider-Man is a fictional superhero created by Stan lee and Steve Ditko. Spider Man appeared for the first time in August 1962 in Amazing Fantasy #15. Stan Lee created this character by watching a fly. He initially named this superhero ‘Stick-to Wall Man’. He tried out a few other names as well, like Insect-Man, Fly-Man, and Mosquito-Man until he finally found the most dramatic of all of them ‘Spider-Man’. Your favorite superhero was once a part of the Fantastic Four. At that time, they called it the Future Foundation.
Fun Facts: –
- Spider-Man was the first teen-hero who was not an adult’s sidekick.
- His web dissolves within an hour and yet is strong enough to hold a hulk.
- His parents Richard and Mary parker were government agents working with S.H.I.E.L.D. They died in plane crash.
- He was raised by Aunt Jane and Uncle Ben whose death was the catalyst for an ordinary boy turning into a superhero.
- He has had numerous real jobs including a high school science teacher, a scientist and a business owner.
- It took 17 long years to get this fictional character onto the big screen for the very first time.
- During the making of Spider-Man many costumes of the superhero were stolen from the production.
- There have been 8 Spider-Man cartoons, 2 live action TV shows, and one play.
- Michael Jackson once tried to buy Marvel so that he could play the role of the superhero.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Facts for Kids about Spider-Man ." Easy Science for Kids, Apr 2018. Web. 18 Apr 2018. < http://easyscienceforkids.com/spider-man-facts/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2018). Facts for Kids about Spider-Man. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from http://easyscienceforkids.com/spider-man-facts/
Sponsored Links :