Wilhelm Conrad Roentgen Video for Kids
Wilhelm Conrad Rontgen was a mechanical engineer from Germany. He was born on March 27, 1845 in the Lower Rhine Province of Germany. He was the first one to produce and detect electromagnetic radiation in a wavelength. These rays are now known as x-rays or Rontgen rays.
Facts you didn’t know: –
- In 1863, he was expelled from the school after being accused of a prank that another student had committed.
- In 1848, his family moved to Apeldoorn, the Netherlands.
- In 1895, he invented X-rays which is his most famous invention. It was a remarkable discovery in the field of medicines.
- The first X-ray ever taken was an image of his wife’s hand.
- Rontgen was the winner of first noble prize in physics. He got the prize in 1901.
- He earned his PhD from the University of Zurich and then he went to Wurzburg to work.
- In 1872, he marries Anna Bertha Ludwig and later they adopted Bertha’s brother’s daughter and raised her as their own child.
- Wilhelm Rontgen carried out his research in several fields including thermal conductivity.
- He never patented any of his discoveries.
- In 1919, he received the prestigious ‘Helmholtz Medal’.
- He died on February 10, 1923 due to carcinoma of the intestine.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Wilhelm Conrad Rontgen ." Easy Science for Kids, Oct 2017. Web. 23 Oct 2017. < http://easyscienceforkids.com/wilhelm-conrad-roentgen-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2017). Fun Facts for Kids about Wilhelm Conrad Rontgen. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from http://easyscienceforkids.com/wilhelm-conrad-roentgen-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :