Bill Gates, Pioneer of Modern Computers
If you love computers, computer games and technology, you have Bill Gates to thank, at least in part. Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft, was one of the early pioneers in software writing. Just a few years ago, few schools and homes had computers. Those people that did have computers had to understand complicated computer programming.
Bill Gates was born in Seattle, Washington in 1955. He did well in school and especially liked math and science. Sometimes he seemed bored and lonely, though. His parents removed him from public school and enrolled him in a private school. There he thrived.
A local computer company gave the school some computers and the school set up a computer lab. Bill and his friend Paul Allen spent many hours on the computer. In fact, they got in trouble because they spent too much time there.
Fun Facts about Bill Gates for Kids
- Bill Gates has always loved reading. As a child, he loved reading the encyclopedia.
- Bill Gates and his friend Paul started their own company in high school. They created a traffic program for Seattle and earned $20,000.
- Gates has always been a bit competitive. As a child he loved board games like Monopoly and Risk.
- Gates went to Harvard, but dropped out to work for a computer company. His parents had hoped he would become a lawyer. He had other plans.
- Besides being a brilliant tech guy, Gates is also a smart businessman.
- Today, Bill Gates is one of the wealthiest people in the world. He gives billions of dollars to helping others and helping schools.
- Bill Gates is a hard worker. One of his assistants found him sleeping under his desk one morning.
Bill Gates Vocabulary
- Pioneer: someone who does something for the first time
- Enroll: sign up to attend
- Competitive: likes to win, driven
- Wealthy: has a lot of wealth or money
Learn More All About Bill Gates, Pioneer of Modern Computers
Check out this interesting video all about Bill Gates:
A video biography of Bill Gates.
Bill Gates Q&A
Question: Does Bill Gates have children?
Answer: Bill Gates is married to Melinda Gates. They have two children, a daughter, Katharine, and a son, Rory.
Enjoyed the Easy Science for Kids Website all about Bill Gates info? Take the FREE & fun all about Bill Gates quiz and download FREE Bill Gates worksheet for kids. For lengthy info click here.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Bill Gates Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Apr 2019. Web. 25 Apr 2019. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-bill-gates/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2019). Bill Gates Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/all-about-bill-gates/
Sponsored Links :