You won’t find tropical birds in your backyard. Wild tropical birds are only found in very warm climates, but they are often raised as pets. Toucans, parrots, parakeets and co-ckatoos are among the smartest birds on the planet. They can learn tricks and even copy your speech. Some can sing songs.
Fun Facts about Tropical and Exotic Birds
- The parrot family includes parrots, macaws, co-ckatoos, co-ckatiels and parakeets, among others.
- Parrots can live 80 years or more.
- Tropical birds are very noisy. They scream and screech.
- These clever birds need a large cage or aviary. They get into trouble if they’re bored.
Tropical and Exotic Bird Vocabulary
- Bill: beak
- Omnivore: eats both plants and meat
- Screech: loud, harsh noise
- Clever: intelligent
- Aviary: large home for birds
Learn More All About Tropical and Exotic Birds
Take a trip to the tropical rainforest through this video and learn about the different kinds of exotic birds:
A documentary clip that teaches all about all about tropical and exotic birds and how to identify them.
Tropical and Exotic Bird Q&A
Question: Do tropical birds make nests?
Answer: Sometimes, but usually they lay their eggs in holes in trees.
Question: Do toucans like fruity cereal?
Answer: Maybe, but fresh fruit is better for them.
Enjoyed the Easy Science for Kids Website all about Tropical and Exotic Birds info? Take the FREE & fun Tropical and Exotic Birds quiz and download FREE Tropical and Exotic Birds worksheet for kids. For lengthy info click here.