Best Human Respiratory System Video for Kids
Human Respiratory System
Our respiratory system is responsible for our breathing that means taking the oxygen in and expelling the carbon dioxide. It is made up of several organs such as: Windpipe which is also known as Trachea, Diaphragm, Lungs and Alveoli. When we use more energy it becomes difficult to breathe.
Quick Facts: –
- We breathe out a lot of water while exhaling. An average human exhales about 17.5 millimetres of water per hour.
- Our lungs are the only organ that can float on water. One lung contains about 300 million balloons like structures called alveoli.
- Diaphragm is used to support the lungs.
- Our right lung is lightly larger in size than the left one.
- Our nose has hairs that stop the dust particles while breathing.
- If a child breathes through his mouth then he will be more likely to develop a lisp.
- Humans sneeze to clear out the irritants in the nose.
- Occasional spasms of the diaphragms cause hiccups.
- Energy is linked with our breathing system because we use oxygen for it and oxygen makes energy by mixing up with our food.
- Women and children breathe at a faster rate as compared to men.
- We yawn when our body does not take enough oxygen from the air.
The Breathing System Key Features:
- Mouth / Nose: where the oxygen enters the body
- Voice box: our vocal chords produce sound when air passes through
- Trachea: this is your windpipe, it allows air flow to the lungs
- Rings of Cartilage: enables your airways to remain open
- Bronchus: this is a branch of your trachea
- Bronchioles: these are the very tiny tubes that lead to the air sacs
- Alveoli: these are the air sacs where oxygen passes in and carbon dioxide flows out
- Diaphragm: is a muscle that bobs up and down and sucks air into the lungs
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun facts about human respiratory system for kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Mar 2021. Web. 05 Mar 2021. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-human-respiratory-system-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2021). Fun facts about human respiratory system for kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-human-respiratory-system-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
Sponsored Links :