Non-living things are which do not have a life. Some examples of them are bell, book, doll, fan, ink-pot, iron box, jar, pencil, pen, pot etc.
- Do not move
- Do not grow
- Do not require food and water
- Do not reproduce
Quick Facts: –
- In simple words, these things can be defined as ones that lack the characteristics of life.
- These things do not require any type of energy to continue existing.
- Some of these things display growth sometimes but this process occurs by accretion.
- These things do not have any senses and cannot feel anything.
- These things do not move until any kind of external force is applied.
- Such things do not excrete. It means they do not have any process for removal of waste from their body.
Types of Non-living things: –
- One type of such things includes those that were never part of a living thing. Examples are stone, rocks, gold etc.
- The other type includes those which used to be a part of living things. Examples are coal, wood etc.