Cats are one of the most popular pet in the world. There are more than 85 million pet cats in the United States. Cats sleep about 70% of their lives. 90% part of a cat’s brain is similar to human brain. They can jump up to six times of their own length. Every cat has a unique nose print like human finger prints. There are more than 70 known breeds of cats.
Quick Facts: –
- Cats have an excellent night vision and their hearing is even better than dogs.
- Their front paws have 5 toes and the back paws have 4 toes.
- Tinker Toy is the smallest cat of the world that is only 7 cm tall.
- Cats have a blind spot right under their nose.
- Sir Isaac Newton was the one to invent the cat flap door.
- A group of cats is called a ‘clowder’.
- A French cat named Felicette was the first cat in the space.
- A cat has 32 muscles to control its outer ear.
- They cannot detect the taste of sweetness.
- They have three eyelids but most of them do not have eyelashes.
- The world’s largest cat measured approximately 48 inches long.
- A cat named Dusty is the most fertile cat that gave birth to 420 kittens in her lifetime.
- Cats are the mammals with largest eyes.
- They have a gestation period of about 9 weeks.
- Similar to dogs, cats also have their sweat glands on the pads of their feet.
- Their average lifespan is about 5 years.
- Most of the cats are lactose intolerant and cannot have cow’s milk.
- An adult cat has 32 teeth.
- They cannot see in complete darkness.