This is what happens, when we try a cool science experiment all by ourselves.
Cool Science Experiments
It is a fun and easy to understand video explaining a cool science experiment of making glowing water at home. Glowing water can add a mysterious, neon-lit ambiance to a dark room without the cost or electricity for actual neon.
Material required: –
- One or more glow stick
- Dish soap
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Waterproof Gloves
And, how we start-
- Fill a transparent container with clear water.
- Grab all the required materials.
- Break your glow stick(s). Be careful because glow sticks are made of glass. Use of more glow sticks will make the water brighter. They are easily available at a party stores or any departmental store.
- Use your scissors to cut off the tip of each glow stick. Squirt the glowing contents into the water. And make sure you are putting your gloves on while doing this.
- Mix the water and the liquid well.
- Your water should now be glowing but with a few extra ingredients, you can make it better.
- Add Hydrogen Peroxide and Dish soap. A few capfuls of hydrogen peroxide and half teaspoon of dish soap is sufficient. They will make your water brighter.
- Once you are finished, seal your container and shake it well.
- Your water will glow with or without black light. Though use of black light will enhance the effect.
Instead of using this mixture, you can use some other options like: –
- Tonic water, which is easily available at most local stores.
- Fluorescent paint with water.