Fastest Animals in the World
- There are about 500 known species of salamanders. They are amphibians.
- They have a slender body frame with short legs and long tails.
- Their physical appearance seems like a cross between frog and lizard.
- Salamanders are carnivorous creatures.
- They do not have eardrums. This is the reason they can barely hear anything.
- Minute salamander is the smallest and the Chinese giant salamander is the largest.
- Sometimes adult salamanders eat smaller ones.
Mantis Shrimp: –
- Mantis Shrimp is found in the ocean.
- They are also known as death machines of the sea.
- They use clubs to punch their prey. They are more like elbow than fists.
- Captured Mantis shrimps are kept in strong plastic tanks because their punch can easily break a glass wall.
- They have the broadest visual spectrum of all the animals.
- They have an excellent vision.
- Some species mate for life.
- They are solitary and aggressive animals and generally do not leave their home except for hunting or some other special factors.
- They prefer to live in shallow waters.
- Mantis Shrimps have the most complex eyes in the entire animal kingdom.
- Their average lifespan is 18 years.