How a Car Engine Works
A car is a machine that makes transportation much easier for us. It uses its own motor engine that helps it to do its job. Today there are more than 10 billion cars in use. Car is the most recycled product in the world. Almost 95% of the cars that are not in working condition are recycled. An average car has around 30,000 different parts in it. A car engine can look like a complex jumble of metal, wires and tubes but it actually keeps the machine working. An Internal Combustion Engine has this name because inside the engine, air and fuel combust to create the energy.
Parts of a car engine: –
- Engine Block
- Combustion Chamber
- Cylinder head
- Timing system
- Valve train
- Rocker Arms
- Fuel Injectors
- Spark plug
Quick Facts: –
- An Internal Combustion Engine uses small and controlled explosions to generate the power required for the car’s movement.
- A four stroke design is used in car engines. These four strokes are: – intake, exhaust, compression, and combustion.
- Approximately 165 cars are being produced every day.
- The inventor of the cruise control was blind.
- There are different kinds of internal combustion engines like: – diesel engine, gas turbine engines.