How to Make a Homemade Lava Lamp
This video features a fun experiment for kids about how to make a homemade lava lamp.This experiment also teaches kids about Density. They will learn about the density of oil, water and even food coloring.
Materials Required: –
- Vegetable Oil
- A bottle
- Food Colouring
- Fill your bottle ¼ with water.
- Pour the vegetable oil into the bottle using the funnel.
- The oil with float to the top of the bottle because it is less dense as compared to the water.
- Wait for some time so that the bubbles can get disappear.
- Add about 5-6 drop of food coloring into the oil water mixture.
- The food coloring will start to sink into the water because it is denser as compare to the oil.
- Now put two pieces of Alka-Seltzer into the bottle.
- The food coloring and bubbles start to come up.
- When bubbles go up to the top, they release the air and food coloring comes back down.
- This is your lava lamp. Keep adding the Alka-Seltzer to enjoy the pretty visual.