How to Make a Metal Detector
An electronic instrument that detects the presence of any metal in its surrounding is called metal detector. What if you will be able to make a metal detector at home by using things that are easily available in your home? In this video, a small experiment is demonstrated to create a homemade metal detector.
Materials Required: –
- An AM radio
- Sticky tape
- A small calculator
- A metallic spoon
- First of all, turn the AM radio on.
- Tune the radio to a high frequency of the AM band but that should not be directly on a broadcast station.
- Set the volume to the maximum level. This will make you able to hear static.
- Take the calculator and place it close to the radio till you hear a loud tone.
- Secure the calculator in this position by using sticky tape.
- Your metal detector is ready.
- Take the spoon or any other metallic object and place it near your metal detector.
- It will start making the buzzing sound with its loud tone.