Official name of Brazil is Federative Republic of Brazil. This country has one of the largest economies of the world. It is the 5th largest country in the world and the largest country of South America. With 2,500 airports, it became the country that has the 2nd highest number of airports in the world after the United States of America. It has the longest continuous coastline in the world with a length of 7,491 kilometres.
Fun Facts: –
- Brazil is the only Portuguese-speaking country in America. Portuguese is the officially spoken language of the country.
- Brasilia is the capital city and Sao Paulo is the largest city of Brazil. This city looks like an airplane from above.
- This country covers three different time zones.
- The national animal of Brazil is Macaw.
- Brazil is the first country in the world to ban tanning beds.
- This country has replicas of famous landmarks like Statue of Liberty and Solomon’s Temple.
- Almost 60% part of the Amazon rainforest is in Brazil.
- Brazil is the country with the largest catholic population in the entire world.
- Brazil has 26 states and one federal district.
- Soccer is the most popular sport in the country.
- This country is one of the leading producers of hydroelectric power. The Itaipu Dam is the second largest hydroelectric producer in the world with a length of 7.7 kilometres and a height of 196 metres.
- Brazil is the first country of South America to accept women into its armed force.
- Pico da Neblina is the highest point of the country with a height of 2,994 metres.
- The Monumental Axis is the widest road of the earth. On this road, 160 cars can drive side by side.