Making a Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket Facts for Kids Video
Enjoy seeing the finest unique and very easy to understand Making a Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket science for kids video:
Making a Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket
Making a vinegar and baking soda rocket is one of the most popular science projects for kids. You must try this experiment in an open area.
- Duct tape
- 3 pencils or sturdy sticks
- An empty plastic bottle
- Paper towel
- 1 tbsp Baking soda
- The pencils you have are going to be the legs of the rocket. Place each pencil onto the bottle so that it extends beyond the opening of the bottle.
- Secure the pencils by using the duct tape making sure the rocket is stable.
- Turn the bottle right side up and pour some vinegar in it until is half-full by using the funnel.
- Take a paper towel and put 1 tbsp of baking soda on it.
- Fold and wrap the paper towel to make a snug bundle of baking soda.
- Push the bundle of baking soda into the bottle and give it a quick, hard shake.
- Put the bottle upright on the pencils and stand back.
- You will be amazed to see your rocket shooting pretty high.
When you mix vinegar with baking soda, carbon dioxide gas is released because an acid/base reaction is taking place. Vinegar is acetic acid and baking soda is a base, known as sodium bicarbonate.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Facts for Kids about Making a Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket ." Easy Science for Kids, Nov 2020. Web. 23 Nov 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/making-a-vinegar-and-baking-soda-rocket-facts-for-kids-video/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Facts for Kids about Making a Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/making-a-vinegar-and-baking-soda-rocket-facts-for-kids-video/
We've recently added
- Buffalo – not just a sauce
- Buffalo Differences Worksheet
- Draw the Buffalo Worksheet
- Who invented it?
- FAMOUS AMERICAN INVENTORS (top ten and their inventions)
- Vaccines and Antibodies
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
Sponsored Links :