It is a simple science video revealing some amazing facts about the planet Mercury.
Mercury Planet Facts
Mercury is the closest planet to the Sun. It is named after Roman god – Mercury which means the messenger to the gods.
Fast Facts: –
- It is the smallest planet in our solar system.
- It takes 88 earth days to complete two orbits of the Sun and 3 rotations of its axis.
- It becomes visible from the Earth 13 times in 100 years.
- Discovery date of this planet is unknown.
- A mercury day is equal to 176 earth days.
- It has a diameter of 4,879 km and can be seen with naked human eyes.
- It is the second densest planet after the Earth.
- Mercury is a planet without any moon or rings.
- The orbit of this planet is an ellipse not a circle.
- It is the second hottest planet after Venus.
- Mercury is a planet with a weak magnetic field and thin atmosphere.
- Two spacecrafts, the Mariner 10 in 1974 and the Messenger in 2011 have ever visited this planet because it is difficult to reach the planet.
- The axis of Mercury has the smallest tilt. This is the reason, this planet does not experience any seasons.
- Mercury has a low gravity. It has only 38% of the Earth’s gravity.