The first recorded game of baseball took place in 1749 in Surrey, England. It is a bat and ball games. There are two teams and each of them has nine players. Each team take turns on the field and try to score the most runs. The American League was founded in the year of 1900. The first World Series was played in 1903 between Pittsburgh and Boston. Forbes Field was the first ever baseball stadium built in the United States in 1909.It was a nine game series and Boston won it. The New York Yankees has the record of winning the most number of World Series titles with a figure of 26.
Quick Facts: –
- Abner Doubleday is believed to have invented the game in Cooperstown, New York.
- Alta Weiss was the first woman to play this game professionally for the Vermillion Independents in 1904.
- The National Baseball Hall of Fame & Museum is located in Cooperstown, New York. It was created in 1935.
- A Major League Baseball only survives the game for six to seven pitches. Then it is swapped for a new one.
- The Seattle Mariners are a professional team of this game. It is owned by Nintendo.
- MLB National League is the oldest professional sports league that is still in existence. It dates back to 1876.
- All the baseballs used in MLB games are rubbed with a very specific mud.
- During a typical MLB Season, approximately 160,000 of them are used.
- Beep Baseball is a version of the game especially made for blinds.
- Jason Varitek is the only person to have played in the Little League World Series, the National Championship of the College World Series, the MLB World Series, Olympic, and the World Baseball Classic.