Best Circulatory System Video for Kids
The circulatory system of our body includes the heart, arteries, and capillaries. It is important for fighting diseases and maintaining the pH and normal temperature of the body. It circulates blood, nutrients, hormones, oxygen, and other gases within the body. On earth, our blood tends to pool in the legs because of gravity but in space, things are different. The blood pools in the chest and head. This also causes a stuffy nose, headache and puffy faces in astronauts. The circulatory system is also known as the cardiovascular system. It takes almost 20 seconds for blood to circulate the entire body.
Fun Facts: –
- Human blood is completely colorless. It is hemoglobin that gives it the red color.
- If every component of the circulatory system is laid out end to end then it would stretch to a length of approximately 60,000 miles.
- The human heart has its own electric impulse. It will continue to beat even when separated from the body if it has an adequate supply of oxygen.
- The heart is the only muscle in our body that continues to work even if we do not think about it.
- All the veins in our body carry de-oxygenated blood except for Pulmonary vein. It is the only vein to carry oxygenated blood.
- The left side of the human heart is much thicker and stronger as compared to the right side.
- On an average, human heart pumps as much as 2,000 gallons blood in a day and 730,000 in a year.
- Our veins appear blue because the light that goes through our skin to illuminate them.
- Human blood consists of 55% plasma, 44% red blood cells and 1% white blood cells.
- Red blood cells are the only cells in our body that have no nucleus.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Facts about Circulatory System for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Aug 2020. Web. 09 Aug 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-circulatory-system-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Facts about Circulatory System for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-circulatory-system-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :