Best Deer Facts Video for Kids
Deer belong to the Cervide family that also includes moose, reindeer etc. White-tailed deer are most popular game animal in North America. They are the smallest of the North American deer family. They have muscular bodies and incredible hearing and sense of smell. They can jump high and swim well. A male deer is called ‘buck’ and a female deer is called ‘doe’.
Fun Facts: –
- Whitetail deer are herbivores and mostly eat leaves, fruits, grass etc.
- Whitetail deer have four chambers in their stomach which makes it easy for them to digest tough plant food.
- They are named this way because they have white hair growing on the downside of their tail and belly.
- They can reach up to 3 feet in height and weigh up to 130 kg.
- These creatures prefer open woodland but can easily found in farming country.
- Whitetail deer are very quick and can run at a speed of 30 mph.
- They have scent glands on their legs and feet that are used for communication with other deer.
- During spring and summer, their coats generally turn reddish-brown and changes in to a duller gray colour in the winter season.
- Whitetail deer are most active during dawn and at dusk.
- Their mating season starts in September month.
- They have a gestation period of seven months.
- A young deer is called ‘fawn’.
- At the time of birth, a fawn is covered in white spots but as soon as it grows, the spots disappear.
- An adult whitetail deer consumes around 7 pounds of food in one single day.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Deer ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2020. Web. 20 Jan 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-deer-facts-video-for-kids-2/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts for Kids about Deer. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-deer-facts-video-for-kids-2/
Sponsored Links :