Best Friction Video for Kids
Don’t miss out on the very best picked and very simple to understand Friction video:
Friction can be defined as a force that resists motion when the surfaces of two different objects come into contact with each other. It acts in a different direction. Friction reduces the mechanical advantage. Without friction, it will be difficult for a certain object to stay on its position without slipping.
Types of friction: –
- Dry friction
- Fluid friction
- Rolling friction
Quick Facts: –
- Static friction can be defined as something that stops things starting to slide.
- Dynamic friction can be defined as a friction that slows down sliding surfaces.
- The ration between the friction and the weight of the sliding object is known as the coefficient of friction (CF).
- Some oils or lubricants are used to reduce friction. The lubricant creates a film that keeps the solid surfaces apart.
- Friction can be a useful force sometimes because it prevents our shoes slipping on the pavement.
- Viscosity can be defined as the internal friction in a fluid.
- When two objects are rubbing against each other and one of them starts to slip that means it is losing energy.
- This energy is not real. It is kinetic energy and can be transformed into heat.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Facts for Kids about Friction ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2020. Web. 19 Jan 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-friction-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Facts for Kids about Friction. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-friction-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :