Best Life Cycle of a Plant Video for Kids
Life Cycle of a Plant
Life Cycle of a plant consists of different phases that are mentioned below.
- Germination: – Germination is when the seed starts to grow. The seed cracks tiny roots and shoots appear and grow into a new plant.
- Pollination: – Pollination is the process of getting pollen from the stamen to the carpel. The carpel contains the eggs and the stamen contains pollen grains.
- Fertilization and Seed Production: – When the pollen grains join with the egg, it is called fertilization. The fertilized egg becomes a seed. The flower dies and leaves behind a fruit with seeds. These seeds will grow into new plants.
- Seed Dispersal: – The fruits and seeds are carried away from the parent plant to stop overcrowding. The wind also carries the seed away. Animals disperse the seeds when they eat the fruit.
Quick Facts: –
- Approximately 85% of plant life is found in the ocean.
- Bananas contain a natural chemical that can make people feel happy.
- 70,000 different plant species are utilized for medicine.
- 68 percent of plant species are in danger of going extinct.
- There are over 200,000 identified plant species and the list is growing all the time.
- Bamboo is the fastest growing woody plant in the world as it can grow 35 inches in a single day.
- The earth has 80,000 species of edible plants.
- Oak trees are struck by lightning more than any other tree.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Life Cycle of a Plant ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2020. Web. 27 Jan 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-life-cycle-of-a-plant-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts for Kids about Life Cycle of a Plant. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-life-cycle-of-a-plant-video-for-kids/