Best Pig Facts Video for Kids
Pig Fun Facts
Pigs are the fourth smartest animal on the planet. Sus Scrofa Scorfa is scientific name for them. They belong to Suidae family. They are found and raised all over the world. Pigs are omnivores as they eat both plants and animals. They are indiscriminate eaters. Although they have a negative reputation when it comes to cleanliness but actually they are very clean. They establish their toilet area far from where they lie or eat. They are also known as hogs or swine. Wild pigs eat everything from leaves, roots to small creatures etc.
Quick Facts: –
- They roll around in the mud to keep themselves cool as they do not have any sweat glands.
- They have an excellent sense of smell.
- There are approximately over 2 billion pigs in the world.
- China has the world’s largest population of domestic pigs.
- Female pigs are called sows. They have a gestation period of about 114 days.
- Pigs use grunts for communicating with each other.
- A pig can run at a speed of 11.5 mph.
- Their squeals can be as loud as 115 decibels. They have more than 20 different vocalisations for communication purpose.
- They are very social creatures and prefer to sleep nose to nose.
- In china, pigs are associated with happiness, honesty, fertility and virility.
- They are curious and insightful animals.
- Pig is one the 12 animals in the Chinese zodiac.
- Their meat is widely eaten across the world.
- These peaceful animals rarely show aggression.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Pig Facts for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2020. Web. 17 Jan 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-pig-facts-video-for-kids-3/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Pig Facts for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-pig-facts-video-for-kids-3/
Sponsored Links :