Best Science Fair Projects for 7th Grade Video for Kids
Science Fair Projects for 7th Grade
This video is about one of the famous science fair projects for 7th grade called “Rube Goldberg Mouse Trap”. You will find out what a Rube Goldberg machine is and how Sarah, the girl who did the project, made a Rube Goldberg Mouse Trap. You will see in this video some of the simple materials she used and how the machine works. Sarah will also explain the different aspects of her Rube Goldberg project and you will be able to see the trap in action. There are a few fascinating facts mentioned below about the famous American cartoonist Rube Goldberg.
- Rube Goldberg was born on July 4, 1883 in California, United States. His parents were German Jewish immigrants.
- Goldberg was best known for his cartoons that depicted complex machines involved in performing simple tasks.
- He was also a sculptor, a qualified engineer and an eminent author which makes him a true polymath.
- In 1938, he started working as a political cartoonist for The New York Sun, The New York Journal and the Journal-American.
- He was awarded the Pulitzer Prize in 1948 for his editorial cartoon “Peace Today.”
- He was also awarded the Gold T-square Award in 1955 and the Banshee’s Silver Lady Award in 1959 for his works.
- He is listed on the Merriam-Webster as the dictionary adopted the phrase “Rube Goldberg” as an adjective.
- This adjective means ‘doing something very simple in an unnecessarily complicated way.
- Goldberg was the first cartoonist who had his work exhibited at the National Museum of American History.
- Rube Goldberg died in 1970 at Hawthorne, New York. He was 87 years old at that time.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Science Fair Projects for 7th Grade ." Easy Science for Kids, Oct 2020. Web. 22 Oct 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-science-fair-projects-for-7th-grade-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Science Fair Projects for 7th Grade. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-science-fair-projects-for-7th-grade-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :