Best Science Projects for 3rd Graders Video for Kids
Science Projects for 3rd Graders
This video is about a 3rd grade science project by Amelia. In this video, Amelia will be talking about her project, which is titled “Home Energy Use”. She will explain the purpose of her projects, the tests she conducted and her observations. A few interesting facts about energy are mentioned below: –
- Energy production is the third largest industry in the entire United States.
- The largest global source of electricity is coal.
- The most used renewable energy resource in the United States is the hydropower that produces country’s 7% electricity.
- Washington uses hydropower to create more than 70% of the total electricity of the state.
- Traditional bulbs waste 90% of the total consumed energy in just producing heat.
- The microwave is the most energy efficient appliance that can be found in kitchen.
- The total energy use in the United States gets doubled in every 20 years.
- The United States is the second largest energy consumer in the entire world after China.
- Major energy sources that are used in homes include natural gas, electricity, propane and heating oil.
- Heating in winters and cooling in summers account for about 56% of the energy use in a typical home.
- Just 5% of the world’s population resides in America but they use 25% of the world’s energy.
- Energy efficient washing machines use about one-third less electricity than old regular machines.
- An average American spends about 10% of the electricity bill on the lighting.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Science Projects for 3rd Graders ." Easy Science for Kids, Jan 2020. Web. 19 Jan 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-science-projects-for-3rd-graders-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Science Projects for 3rd Graders. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-science-projects-for-3rd-graders-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :