Best Stephen Hawking Quotes Video for Kids
Stephen Hawking is one of the most famous theoretical physicists. He made many important contributions in the field of quantum gravity and cosmology. Hawking is best known for his detailed work with black holes and relativity. He was born on January 8, 1942, in Oxford, England. The day was 300th anniversary of Galileo’s death. His parents were Frank and Isobel Hawking. Stephen Hawking completed his basic school education in St. Albans School. In 1958, he made a primitive computer with his friends. The following year, he won an open scholarship in natural sciences and enrolled in Oxford University.
Fun Facts: –
- He was also on the rowing team at Oxford University. He joined the team as Coxswain.
- After receiving a first-class honors degree from Oxford University, he went to Cambridge University to get his Ph.D. in cosmology.
- In 1974, Hawking obtained the fellowship of the Royal Society. He was just 32 at that time.
- He was appointed as Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at Cambridge University. This position was once held by Sir Isaac Newton.
- He wrote a book named as ‘A Brief History of Time’ which got published in 1988. This book was intended for general audience.
- He married Jane Wilde in 1965. They had two sons and a daughter together.
- Hawking is suffering from ALS. ALS stands for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. He requires a computer and voice synthesizer to speak.
- In 2009, he also received the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
- Stephen Hawking believes in the possibility of Aliens.
- In 2007, Hawking took a zero-gravity flight and float out of his wheelchair.
- He is one of the many people who booked a seat with Richard Branson’s Virgin Galactic.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts about Stephen Hawking for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jul 2020. Web. 08 Jul 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-stephen-hawking-quotes-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts about Stephen Hawking for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-stephen-hawking-quotes-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :