Best Zoologist Job Description Video for Kids
A zoologist is a person who studies the behavior, physiology, and classification of both types of animals living and extinct. Basically, what they do is observe animals in their natural habitat. It includes doing researches and writing reports on that as well. It is a time-consuming process so the person needs to be patient and comfortable in working in a variety of environments and locations. Zoologists can be involved in conservation, protecting endangered animals and their habitats. Zoology is a life science like biology. The term zoology has been derived from the Greek word zo that means animals.
Quick Facts: –
- They study many things like animal species, population, interaction, their distribution etc.
- Zoology is divided into various different fields like mammalogy, ornithology, herpetology, malacology etc.
- A zoologist specializes in extinct animals then he is known as paleozoologist.
- The field of zoology in which the geographical distribution of animal is studied is known as zoogeography.
- The main purpose of zoologist is to identify all the animals through classification which is done by comparing the features of a group of animals.
- These characters or features are generally determined in laboratories and sometimes in the field as well.
- Zoologists working in national parks and zoos also educate park visitors about the local wildlife.
- A bachelor’s degree in zoology is the minimum qualification required for entry-level positions and higher degrees are required for conducting research work.
- Zoologists also determine the impacts of human on animal population due to factors like pollution and hunting.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " All Facts for Kids about Zoologist ." Easy Science for Kids, Jul 2020. Web. 07 Jul 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-zoologist-job-description-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). All Facts for Kids about Zoologist. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-zoologist-job-description-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :