Careers In Zoology
Facts about Zoology
Zoology can be defined as the study of animal life which includes the embryology, structure, classification, and evolution of animals. The person who studies about zoology is known as zoologist. They spend most of their time observing and studying animals and also writing research articles and reports. Observing animals in their natural habitat can be a time consuming process, zoologists who work in the field need to be patient. This branch of science dates back to Aristotle and his contemporaries. It is mind-blowing to think about the multitude of animals that exist in this world. All of them are wondrous and amazing.
Quick Facts: –
- Ostriches are the fastest bird in the entire world. They can run faster than a horse and can roar like a lion.
- Bats are only mammals that are capable of flying.
- The heaviest flying bird is the King Bustard of Africa. It weighs about 19 kg.
- Snakes always keep their eyes open, even when they are fast asleep.
- Kangaroos use their tails to balance their bodies while walking. They cannot hop when their tail is lifted off the ground.
- An elephant has the ability to smell water from 3 miles away.
- The seahorse is the slowest fish. It moves at a speed of about 0.01 mph.
- Woodpeckers don’t have any vocal cords. Drumming trees with their beaks play an important part of their communication with each other.
- Cheetahs are the only big cat that can turn in mid-air while sprinting.
- Crickets have ears on their front legs that are located just below their knees.
- An adult hippo needs to resurface every three to five minutes to breathe.
- Flamingos have knees that can be bent backward.
- The pistol shrimp catches its prey by surprising it with a loud banging noise made with its claws.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts about Zoology for Kids ." Easy Science for Kids, Jul 2020. Web. 11 Jul 2020. < https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-zoology-careers-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2020). Fun Facts about Zoology for Kids. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from https://easyscienceforkids.com/best-zoology-careers-video-for-kids/
We've recently added
- How To Build a Winogradsky Column and Learn About Soil Science
- Potato Light Bulb Experiment
- How To Use Friction to Pick Up Bottle of Rice
- How To Make Popcorn Dance
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Fire Extinguisher
- Power of Bleach
- Comparing Surface Tension of Liquids with Pennies
- Ice Cream Chemistry
- Using Distillation to Purify Water
- Filter Water with Dirt
- Build a Balloon Barometer
- Build Your Very Own Seismograph
Sponsored Links :