Black Hole Facts Video for Kids
Black Hole Facts
A black hole can be defined as a densely packed matter so that nothing can escape from there. Not even light can escape. This space has a huge gravity pull. As the name implies, a black hole is entirely black. It cannot be sensed directly by using any type of instruments or electromagnetic radiation. Probably the Milky Way also has a huge super massive black hole in its middle but our planet is not in any danger of getting swallowed.
Quick Facts: –
- Some famous black holes are: – M87, Centaurus A, Sagittarius A*, Cygnus X-1 etc. Cygnus X-1 was the first black hole ever found.
- Anything that is getting sucked in by a black hole can never escape from there.
- A point at which the chances of returning, disappear completely for a matter, is known as the ‘event horizon’. It is also known as the point of no return.
- Contrary to common belief, a black hole is not funnel shaped. It is spherical.
- There are different types of black holes: – spinning black holes, electrical black holes and spinning electrical black holes.
- A black hole eventually evaporates over time.
- In 1783, John Mitchell developed a theory of black holes. Albert Einstein revived the same theory in 1916.
- A star passing closely to a black hole can be torn apart.
- If a person falls into a black hole then he would be stretched to death. He would be spagettified.
- Some scientists believe that every black hole contains a universe.
- Theoretically, anything can become a black hole.
- Wormholes appear similar to black holes.
- Small black holes may have formed immediately after the Big Bang.
Cite This Page
You may cut-and-paste the below MLA and APA citation examples:
MLA Style Citation
Declan, Tobin. " Fun Facts for Kids about Black Holes ." Easy Science for Kids, Aug 2018. Web. 15 Aug 2018. < http://easyscienceforkids.com/black-hole-facts-video-for-kids/ >.
APA Style Citation
Tobin, Declan. (2018). Fun Facts for Kids about Black Holes. Easy Science for Kids. Retrieved from http://easyscienceforkids.com/black-hole-facts-video-for-kids/
Sponsored Links :